Our engineers and scientists work to identify and evaluate the most cost-effective solution to suit your site-specific conditions. We provide representation with responsible regulatory authorities, negotiate clean-up goals appropriate to future reuse, then plan and implement remedies in the field.
We recognize the importance of maintaining rigorous health and safety procedures, utilizing appropriate personnel protective equipment, and maintaining safety equipment to monitor the work as it progresses. BMT field personnel are Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard (HAZWOPER) trained and participate in an approved medical monitoring program.
Our areas of expertise include:
Restoration in the Natural Environment
Identification and implementation of a wide variety of solutions, such as:
- Passive permeable reactive barrier treatment for contaminated groundwater
- Vegetative capping with greenhouse gas controls and carbon sequestration
benefits as an alternative to a traditional clay cap for landfill closure
- Excavation and treatment of soil contaminated with arsenic, lead, PCBs, DDT, and radiological wastes
- Chemical oxidation and enhanced bioremediation of petroleum-contaminated soil and groundwater
- Source treatment and enhanced monitored natural attenuation of contaminated groundwater
The Built Environment
Providing hazardous materials clean-up, decontamination and decommissioning in the built environment, including specialized experience in the following areas:
- Underground storage tanks and contaminated soils
- Asbestos-containing materials and lead-based paint
- Radiologically-contaminated equipment
- Chemical and biological laboratory facilities
- Biological decontamination (e.g., anthrax and other pathogens)
We specify and select remedial equipment and instrumentation as well as evaluate, monitor, maintain, and report installed system performance over time.