Mechanical Engineer T18-12
BMT Designers & Planners is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to support environmental and energy clients in Bethesda, MD
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a full-service technical and management consultancy. Clients include the federal government, domestic and international marine, environmental and safety companies. Our technical and managerial competencies include: Ship Design and Engineering Services; Reliability Centered Maintenance, Systems Safety and Logistics Support; Environmental and Energy Policy Formulation and Support, Human Factors Engineering and Applied Environmental Services. Our professional staff provides high caliber designs and engineering support, state of the art modeling & simulation, advanced system dynamics analysis and technology and management support services exceeding customer expectations. BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is 100% owned by BMT Group. For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. please visit www.dandp.com.
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a BMT Group Company. BMT Group is an international design, science, engineering, risk and program management consultancy, serving clients principally in the defense, energy and transport sectors. For further information on BMT Group, please visit www.bmt.org.
BMT Designers & Planners is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to support environmental and energy clients in Bethesda, MD. This is a contract position subject to funding with an expected start date of January 2, 2018.
The successful applicant will have at least 5 years of experience supporting US Navy Environmental & Energy programs with assessment and compliance of wastewater treatment systems, and conducting engineering evaluations, with excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills. Candidate must work both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary project team.
Candidate must be a US citizen with a DOD security clearance or employment is contingent upon obtaining a security clearance. Company will not provide work visa or relocation for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and minimum 5 years’ experience working with mechanical systems. Strong preference to candidates with experience in one or more of the following areas: ship ballast operations, ballast water treatment systems, fluid dynamics, and application of engineering standards to ship operations
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in the maritime industry strongly preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience providing technical guidance and assessing mechanical operating systems is preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience providing guidance on ballast water system design and shipboard treatment systems is preferred
- Experience reading and analyzing pump curves preferred
- Dependable, self-starter, proactive professional interested in contributing to individual and team growth
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Afloat environmental pollution and implementing environmental regulations required
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
BMT Designers & Planners enjoys a diverse professional staff and offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Applicants must email resume, BMT Employment Application and Surveys with subject line "CD63T18-12" to HR@dandp.com or fax to 703-920-7091. Find application and surveys below. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT Designers & Planners is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to HR@dandp.com
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying
Patricia Ghannam on +1 703 920 7070