Human Factors Engineering Lead
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is seeking a Human Factors Engineer (HFE) Lead to manage HFE projects and assigned personnel and further develop the HFE client base and team
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a full-service technical and management consultancy. Clients include the federal government, domestic and international marine, environmental and safety companies. Our technical and managerial competencies include: Ship Design and Engineering Services; Reliability Centered Maintenance, Systems Safety and Logistics Support; Environmental and Energy Policy Formulation and Support, Human Factors Engineering and Applied Environmental Services. Our professional staff provides high caliber designs and engineering support, state of the art modeling & simulation, advanced system dynamics analysis and technology and management support services exceeding customer expectations. BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is 100% owned by BMT Group. For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. please visit www.dandp.com.
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a BMT Group Company. BMT Group is an international design, science, engineering, risk and program management consultancy, serving clients principally in the defense, energy and transport sectors. For further information on BMT Group, please visit www.bmt.org.
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is seeking a Human Factors Engineer (HFE) Lead. The HFE Lead is responsible for developing an integrated HFE consulting team that is aligned to provide the highest quality services and products to BMT D&P’s clients. The HFE Lead will manage HFE projects and assigned personnel and further develop the HFE team; and develop, lead and implement HFE business development strategic planning and proposal efforts. HFE competencies include: Human Factors Engineering, Human System Integration, Manpower and Personnel, Performance Support and Training, System Safety/Occupational Health, Habitability, Personnel Survivability, User Requirements Development and Strategic Planning, Usability Evaluation, User Interface Design, Test and Evaluation and program support and leadership for DoD, DHS, FAA, and other clients. The HFE Lead contributes to, supports and implements organizational strategic initiatives and is an integral part of D&P’s Engineering Business Unit.
This position requires the ability to understand the business implications of decisions and implement changes to improve organizational performance. Requires an awareness of business issues, processes and outcomes as they impact the organization, staff and customers. Requires knowledge of BMT D&P processes and procedures. Experience communicating and collaborating orally and in writing along with strong presentation skills to effectively influence multidisciplinary teams, design projects and the development of productive cross functional teaming relationships is a MUST.
Qualified candidate must be US Citizen. The preferred candidate will hold an active Security Clearance or be able to obtain one.
Technical Staff Management & Development:
HFE Lead is the point of contact for technical staffing resources for HFE project work, and responsible for forecasting, tracking and reporting backlog and utilization. Creates a positive and professional team culture around technical capabilities, business priorities and processes that will motivate staff and exceed customer expectations as well as lead to new business opportunities.
Business Development & Proposals:
Confident, self starter, results driven manager who actively leads the identification, pursuit and generation of new business opportunities as well as building and managing relationships with new and existing clients. Collaborates with leadership, other business area Leads, project managers and HFE team to develop and execute winning business strategies. Maintains a current understanding of competitors’ services and pricing models. Leads and manages proposal development teams who accurately interpret RFP requirements, develop win strategies, and write responsive technical proposals with accurate cost estimates.
Project Management & Client Service:
The HFE Lead is responsible for prioritizing and managing concurrent projects, adhering to deadlines, and ensuring the technical accuracy and overall quality of deliverables and client services. Providing oversight of project managers assigned to tasks within the HFE Group.
The HFE Lead champions complex and cross-organizational initiatives and develops cooperative relationships with project managers, other business area Leads and client stake-holders.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in humans factors engineering in a systems design environment, developing an exceptional technical knowledge and understanding of competencies required
- Minimum 8 years’ of experience in project and task management with demonstrated success at meeting project goals and deadlines and meeting stakeholder expectations required
- Must demonstrate the ability to define statement of work, identify technical talent, prepare cost estimates, obtain competitive intelligence, and write, review and deliver accurate and comprehensive proposals required
- Role models work-standards that builda sense of commitment within the team to meet individual/team deadlines and deliverables
- Continually shares knowledge of trends and competition that affects the team and organization
- 5 years’ experience successfully managing and developing a diverse multidisciplinary team to meet the short-term and long-term client projects and strategic business objectives
- 5 years’ experience leading successful business development efforts
- 5 years’ experience in a Government program in a significant position of responsibility, either within Government or as a support contractor/consultant
- 5 years’ expereince reviewing technical and management products for accuracy and overall quality resulting in the delivery of high quality final products and services
- Experience applying HFE/HSI specialty in a maritime systems design environment
- Knowledge of United States Navy, United States Coast Guard, FAA and other International Codes and Standards relevant to the maritime and aviation sectors
Education & Certifications:
- Master’s Degree in relevant technical field required
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Systems Engineering (CSEP), or other relevant technical or management certification preferred
- Listening, communication and collaboration skills required
- Proposal writing experience – breaking down a proposal to identify customer needs, evaluation criteria, and developing an overall approach to proposal themes
- Strong leadership and coaching skills with proven ability to motivate and empower others required
- Demonstrates ability to successfully develop effective professional networks, build client relationships, and expand and develop business
- Adaptable, open to outside ideas, displays positive “can do” attitude; entrepenuerial nature
- Proven effective assesment, analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Understands project management, utilization, revenue and profitability models and manages accordingly
- Demonstrated successful project management capabilities. Understands all aspects of project initiation, planning, execution, controlling and monitoring, and close-out. Understands risk, budget, schedule, and stakeholder management. Drives action items to completion
- Able to multi-task under high stress, including performing direct client support while managing a geographically-dispersed team, handling personnel recruiting and hiring, personnel development, issue resolution, discipline, evaluations, salary adjustments, bonus recommendation, chain-of-command reporting
- Advanced MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required
BMT Designers & Planners enjoys a diverse professional staff and offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested candidates must email resume, BMT Employment Application and surveys with subject line "ENG 64" to HR@dandp.com or fax to 703-920-7177. Find application and surveys below. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT Designers & Planners is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to HR@dandp.com
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying
Patricia Ghannam on +1 703 920 7070